Rubin & Rothman, LLC
Sued by Rubin & Rothman, LLC? Call (888) 605-2705 Now
Rubin & Rothman, LLC is a New York and New Jersey creditor’s rights law firm. The firm is located at 1787 Veterans Memorial Highway, Islandia, NY 11749. The firm operates as both a debt-collection agency and a debt-collection law firm. The principal member of the firm is Keith Rothman. Rothman graduated from American University Law School in 1974 and was admitted to practice in 1967 in New York State and before the United States District Courts and Southern District of New York. The law firm is also a member of professional trade groups such as National Retail Association of Collection Attorneys and the Association of Credit and Collection Professionals International.
This firm represents debt buyers and other debt-collection companies such as Bank of America, J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, Capital One Bank, Citibank, GE Money Bank, and Sears Credit Cards. Additionally, the firm also represents National Collegiate Student Loan Trust on defaulted private student loan debt. The Better Business Bureau reports indicate that Rubin & Rothman have had fourteen complaints closed within the last three years, one of which was closed in the last twelve months. The complaints allege that Rubin and Rothman have frozen consumers’ bank accounts and filed judgments without verifying the debt. Consumers also allege that the firm has rescinded previously negotiated payment plans.
Notable cases filed against Rubin & Rothman include:
- Clayson v. Rubin & Rothman, LLC: This case was decided by the United States District Court for the Western District of New York on November 16, 2010. The plaintiff sued the defendant claiming violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act for numbers reasons including: (1) defendant contacted plaintiff’s mother about her debt without plaintiff’s authorization; and (2) defendant made threats regarding plaintiff’s Social Security Disability benefits. The court granted the defendant’s motion for judgment as a matter of law in part and denied in part. (Clayson v. Rubin & Rothman, LLC, 751 F. Supp. 2d 491 (W.D.N.Y. 2010)
- Tito v. Rubin & Rothman, LLC and Keith Rothman, Esq.: This case was decided by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York on March 18, 2014. The plaintiffs alleged that defendants violated the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act and Judiciary Law §487 by making deceptive statements in consumer collection actions in New York state courts. The actions were alleged to be deceptive because the state court complaints falsely represented that TD Auto Finance was “not required to be licensed by the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs” because it was a passive debt buyer. The parties settled the main part of the parties’ dispute and plaintiff was awarded $22,110 in attorney’s fees by the court. (Tito v. Rubin & Rothman, LLC, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35553 (E.D.N.Y. Mar. 18, 2014)
Recent Case Results Against Rubin & Rothman, LLC
- We were able to negotiate a settlement for our client, reducing the balance to more than $15,000 down to a $6,271.63 lump sum payment.
- We were able to negotiate a settlement for our client, reducing the balance to more than $30,000 down to a $12,000 lump sum payment.
- We were able to negotiate a settlement for our client, reducing the balance to more than $1,000 down to a $717.15 lump sum payment.
- We were able to negotiate a settlement for our client, reducing the balance to more than $7,000 down to a $3,675 lump sum payment.
- We were able to negotiate a settlement for our client, reducing the balance to more than $28,000 down to a $12,000 lump sum payment.
- We were able to negotiate a settlement for our client, reducing the balance to more than $17,000 down to a $4,000 lump sum payment.
Overwhelmed? Work with a Successful Debt Relief Attorney.
Debt collection can, understandably, be a source of hardship for consumers. With Rubin & Rothman, LLC or another collection firm pursuing you for debt, you need a strong and experienced legal ally. Come to Lebedin Kofman LLC today to learn more about your options for defense against aggressive or unethical debt collection practices. Our case results are marked by numerous victories on behalf of debtors in New York.
“It's always tough to write about people that were with you when things got tough, but Mr. Kofman was heaven-sent!” - Klim K.
“The patience and persistence that they showed makes me believe anything is truly possible.” - Edward C.
“Arthur & Russ are great! Friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable! Do not hesitate to work with them!” - Jeffrey R.